1.3 is out!

Front Page Forums MCNSA 1.3 is out!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    PeebleTheory

Technically it’s the prerelease, which is supposed to be the same as the “official” release on August 1st.

http://www.mojang.com/2012/07/the-weekly-chunk-minecraft-1-3-prerelease/

hiamsam
    Participant

Have you tested this out?

PeebleTheory

@hiamsam wrote:

Yep, working great and I’m seeing a bit of a performance increase.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We’ll get MCNSA on 1.3 once it’s publicly available to avoid confusion and use Bukkit which will probably have been updated by then. There will be a brand new world too.

hiamsam
    Participant

@PeebleTheory wrote:

@hiamsam wrote:

Can people set up a 1.3 Pre Release servers?

PeebleTheory

@hiamsam wrote:

@PeebleTheory wrote:

@hiamsam wrote:

Can people set up a 1.3 Pre Release servers?

Yes, CraftBukkit obviously won’t work until it’s updated, which some of the staff posts I saw say they are aiming for August 1st RB.

A_FLEMING

Dammit. I get m internet back and functional around the 6th of August. I’m missing out here people, I’m missing out! πŸ˜›

wigginman

@A_FLEMING wrote:

Dammit. I get m internet back and functional around the 6th of August. I’m missing out here people, I’m missing out! πŸ˜›

Same, but I’ll get on when I can if there’s an opportunity before that.

Nadarekyle
    Participant

All that everyone else seems to notice is “WOO! 1.3! TRADING WITH CAVE SQUIDWARDS! :D”.

Well, all I’m taking from this is, “You can’t push players off cliffs anymore”. D:

PeebleTheory

Yeah, I’m very sad to see some of the collision be taken away, especially with animals. Being stuck in a pen with too many pigs was part of the fun.

Altimeter

I’m excited about the redstone stuff. Levers on the bottoms of things, half step diodes, tripwire? Glorious day.

Tana64

Playing legit will mean less time building ginormous structures, and more time setting tripwires at every turn. πŸ˜€

BFloop

On the topic of tripwires, don’t be too surprised if you stumble apon one made by yours truely. It will be marked of course. And I might make my home booby (hehe) trapped!

PeebleTheory

Oh yeah, if someone is killed by a trip wire trap, does that count as “surprise PVP (Killing someone without mutual consent)” and thus break the rules?

Stagen

@PeebleTheory wrote:

Oh yeah, if someone is killed by a trip wire trap, does that count as “surprise PVP (Killing someone without mutual consent)” and thus break the rules?

As far as I understood it, booby traps are allowed – though I’d wish for more clarification on that topic. Being victim to a +60 block vertical drop just because you visited someone’s home, is not at all fun.

Since we have protections in place on most structures, I see no reason why anyone would want to booby trap their homes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.