1.3 is out!

Front Page Forums MCNSA 1.3 is out!

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #634
    PeebleTheory
    Member

    Technically it’s the prerelease, which is supposed to be the same as the “official” release on August 1st.

    http://www.mojang.com/2012/07/the-weekly-chunk-minecraft-1-3-prerelease/

    #5226
    hiamsam
    Participant

    Have you tested this out?

    #5227
    PeebleTheory
    Member

    @hiamsam wrote:

    Have you tested this out?

    Yep, working great and I’m seeing a bit of a performance increase.

    #5225
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    We’ll get MCNSA on 1.3 once it’s publicly available to avoid confusion and use Bukkit which will probably have been updated by then. There will be a brand new world too.

    #5228
    hiamsam
    Participant

    @PeebleTheory wrote:

    @hiamsam wrote:

    Have you tested this out?

    Yep, working great and I’m seeing a bit of a performance increase.

    Can people set up a 1.3 Pre Release servers?

    #5229
    PeebleTheory
    Member

    @hiamsam wrote:

    @PeebleTheory wrote:

    @hiamsam wrote:

    Have you tested this out?

    Yep, working great and I’m seeing a bit of a performance increase.

    Can people set up a 1.3 Pre Release servers?

    Yes, CraftBukkit obviously won’t work until it’s updated, which some of the staff posts I saw say they are aiming for August 1st RB.

    #5230
    A_FLEMING
    Member

    Dammit. I get m internet back and functional around the 6th of August. I’m missing out here people, I’m missing out! πŸ˜›

    #5231
    wigginman
    Member

    @A_FLEMING wrote:

    Dammit. I get m internet back and functional around the 6th of August. I’m missing out here people, I’m missing out! πŸ˜›

    Same, but I’ll get on when I can if there’s an opportunity before that.

    #5232
    Nadarekyle
    Participant

    All that everyone else seems to notice is “WOO! 1.3! TRADING WITH CAVE SQUIDWARDS! :D”.

    Well, all I’m taking from this is, “You can’t push players off cliffs anymore”. D:

    #5233
    PeebleTheory
    Member

    Yeah, I’m very sad to see some of the collision be taken away, especially with animals. Being stuck in a pen with too many pigs was part of the fun.

    #5234
    Altimeter
    Moderator

    I’m excited about the redstone stuff. Levers on the bottoms of things, half step diodes, tripwire? Glorious day.

    #5235
    Tana64
    Moderator

    Playing legit will mean less time building ginormous structures, and more time setting tripwires at every turn. πŸ˜€

    #5236
    BFloop
    Member

    On the topic of tripwires, don’t be too surprised if you stumble apon one made by yours truely. It will be marked of course. And I might make my home booby (hehe) trapped!

    #5237
    PeebleTheory
    Member

    Oh yeah, if someone is killed by a trip wire trap, does that count as “surprise PVP (Killing someone without mutual consent)” and thus break the rules?

    #5238
    Stagen
    Member

    @PeebleTheory wrote:

    Oh yeah, if someone is killed by a trip wire trap, does that count as “surprise PVP (Killing someone without mutual consent)” and thus break the rules?

    As far as I understood it, booby traps are allowed – though I’d wish for more clarification on that topic. Being victim to a +60 block vertical drop just because you visited someone’s home, is not at all fun.

    Since we have protections in place on most structures, I see no reason why anyone would want to booby trap their homes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.