Beaten!

Front Page Forums MCNSA Beaten!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I mean, on normal difficulty, with party of 2 (Me, an OP Monk, my gf, a Barb). Took us 28h to do so. Cinematic clips were amazing, the story less so. I wonโ€™t spoil the story, but itโ€™s disappointing to see almost non-existent character development.

Warchamp7

If you want more in-depth stuff, you need to search the world for the lore books, and have conversations with the NPCs.

If you go through the game, you get a general story and development, if you want more, you have to dig into it a bit. It’s also rumoured there will be two expansions, so there’s room for more.

DevilsDan

28h to beat normal? Damn, you must’ve been exploring EVERYTHING.

Agreed on both the story and cinematics. The cinematics were totally awesome, the actual story, while it was very promising, wasn’t executed well. I’ll go further in greater detail.

<<>>
    [spoiler:3t53sogj]Act I and Cain gets taken out by an out of the blue villain with little character to her, that's just a dumb move, you don't do that. Getting to know all about Leoric and his descent into madness throughout the whole act was pretty damn awesome, though. Overall, probably my favorite act.

Act II, so many missed opportunities, I expected a lot more from “Lord of Lies”, but he was just the most obvious character all along. Covetus Shen, however, was hilarious and Kulle was an interesting character as well, also, the fight against Belial probably was the best boss fight in the game.

Act III, ugh, this is where it started going downhill. While the whole siege thing was awesome, Azmodan constantly going in and being all like “This is nothing, I don't need X you destroyed to win, because I have Y you will go and destroy next!” was just so annoying, dull and gamey. Think they didn't explore those demon lord aspects(sin and anguish) enough as well.

Act IV, epic conclusion, while I did like Diablo trying to use psychological warfare on you, his constant talking to you a'la Azmodan while you did stuff was a huge turn-off. While the whole heaven under siege thing was cool, I feel like it could've been a hell of a lot better paced. Also, any final opportuity to somehow expand on the actual Leah's character was completely blown out of the water, which is just not right, I mean, when you lose a character that has spent a considerable time with you in a game and you don't care at all, that tells something. They could've at least gotten her soul free from Diablo and have her have some interesting dialogue to be a character to remember or something.[/spoiler:3t53sogj]

Warchamp7

[spoiler:1v8j5jr9]Act I and Cain gets taken out by an out of the blue villain with little character to her, that's just a dumb move, you don't do that.[/spoiler:1v8j5jr9]

[spoiler:1v8j5jr9]My friends and I had a discussion about this. I think it's fitting that he's killed by some random character with little development, because you expect him to have some powerful and fitting death and to go out in a blaze of glory. Instead, he gets cut down by some petty character, really defining his mortality.

Same with your point about Leah, what you suggest is way too cliche and again, shows that she is mortal and is an ant compared to Diablo, a pawn in his game.[/spoiler:1v8j5jr9]

FuzzyWuzzie

I beat the game the first time around with a monk, and have proceeded to Act III hell without much difficulty (now is where I’m getting really slowed down), however I just beat normal with a wizard in about 4 hours start to finish. They do crazy AOE DPS so long as you don’t mind kiting a bit..

Also, once you get to inferno, the only people who can tank anything are a special build of wizards. Interestingly, they’re still the only ones who can do any real damage at that level, so I’m betting they’ll be nerfed soon as inferno is pretty much wizard only right now.

Also, gems + AH are ridiculously bugged right now.. really hoping they fix that soon ๐Ÿ™

Anonymous
    Inactive

Damn, you must’ve been exploring EVERYTHING.

True. Every map explored 100%, every extra dungeon too. Itโ€™s more fun ๐Ÿ™‚

Fuzzy: Iโ€™ve no idea what your abbreviations mean. I guess I need to lurk moar ๐Ÿ˜€

Warchamp7

AOE – Area of Effect
    DPS – Damage per Second
    AH – Auction House

You’re a bad gamer Ridddle ;P

DevilsDan

@Warchamp7 wrote:

[spoiler:1m9x9w8p]Act I and Cain gets taken out by an out of the blue villain with little character to her, that's just a dumb move, you don't do that.[/spoiler:1m9x9w8p]

[spoiler:1m9x9w8p]My friends and I had a discussion about this. I think it's fitting that he's killed by some random character with little development, because you expect him to have some powerful and fitting death and to go out in a blaze of glory. Instead, he gets cut down by some petty character, really defining his mortality.

Same with your point about Leah, what you suggest is way too cliche and again, shows that she is mortal and is an ant compared to Diablo, a pawn in his game.[/spoiler:1m9x9w8p]

[spoiler:1m9x9w8p]Maybe, but it doesn't make it any less disappointing. Seriously, did you really go “oh, he got taken out by an unexpected dumb character out of nowhere, what an unexpected move on Blizzard's part!”?

And maybe that whole “pawn in Diablo's game” is just total bs, being “a pawn in Diablo's game” doesn't justify almost non-existant character and it's development. To show that she is mortal, there should be that. Cliche? Maybe, but then again, the whole game is basically a fucking big cliche story-wise, if you think of it. I mean come on, the prophecy, dark times, battle between good and evil, etc., etc. Surely, adding one more wouldn't hurt. And even if it is cliche, it is better than freaking nothing.[/spoiler:1m9x9w8p]

bob313

man youre lucky. i played as a level 58 barbarian and died against diablo on hardcore. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

bob313

ignore what i said. i accidently thought you said inferno. ๐Ÿ˜€ sorry for my whining

Ereh_Dogon

[spoiler:3rxkoikj]Regardless of how Cain died, the man deserved a well done cutscene for his death, not that in-game bullshit.

Leah I think was okay as she was done. The fact that she doesn't comeback in any form is better to me than some “Oh thank the gods you saved my soul” or “released my body!” She was just consumed and she was part of the plan since the beginning, 20 years ago. The plot lines were okay.

Something I really didn't like is Tyreal's bitch-ness there is literally a cutscene where you're standing together he uses his mighty fucking sword to break open the gate then RUNS behind your character. The fuck. If he remembers who he is and all that shit how is he not some kind of bad ass. Sure you want to prove his mortality or whatever. But they took one of the best characters in the game and turned him into shit. And this shit of I will return to my place in heaven as one of you. Get the fuck out. If you are mortal living in heaven either A you're basically immortal cause you probably wont age or die. Or B you rule in your spot say for 20 years human time and bam you die and HOPEFULY become the Tyreal we all know and love.

And don't get me wrong his whole sacrafice thing and fighting imperius was awesome and I loved it. But his character afterwards was terrible for me.

Gameplay wise I really expected Blizzard to up the ante on this after them having WoW going for so long. And while the bosses were a bit more involved and had different things going on and not just a special animated swing. It could have been so much more and so much more epic in later difficulties. Once I fought butcher and Belial I was like man the next two boss fights are going to be fucking epic if this is what they open up with! But nope, Azmodan and Diablo were very lack luster for me. And I still can't get over the fact that they stuck to the method of Hard = More HP and More Dmg, to make you just avoid their shit to extend the fight, rather than implementing one or two new skills or phases.

After Act II the game went down hill for me story wise. The whole heaven being taken over by hell was great but by that point I didn't care much anymore. And I really wish they would have made Imperious a fight. After all his shit talking I was ready to whoop his ass then nothing.

Side notes Kulle and Shen were awesome characters, I wish shen would have had more to do with it all. As well it would have been nice if after all our work with kulle we didn't have to immediately kill him, but minor points.[/spoiler:3rxkoikj]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.