Challenge: Spawn and Defeat the Wither!

Front Page Forums MCNSA Challenge: Spawn and Defeat the Wither!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You need 4 Soul Sand pieces and 3 Wither Skeleton heads to spawn it. Here’s a wiki article if you have no idea what is going on. Be careful – the Wither Boss is extremely though and without end-game gear you will probably not be able to kill it.

Prize for spawning and killing it: 1 piece of your own head. (Glasses, extra bangs or crowns not included).

Rules:

1. You have to defeat it on your own. Use everything you can think of, but you need to work alone.
    2. You need to document everything* in an album of screenshots (upload to imgur.com) or a video.
    3. Everything = getting each one of three heads (if you already have them, document them in your chest), spawning Wither, fighting and killing it (Nether Star)
    4. Blessed+ cannot apply.
    5. Challenge ends on December 1st.

Details on the prize:

1. You win
    2. Head is placed in your inventory or your ender chest storage (you choose)
    3. If you keep it on you, if you die, you can lose it.
    4. If you place it in your base, it’s hopefully protected. Griefing will be rollbacked, but if you leave the doors open and creeper blows the head up, it won’t be rollbacked.
    5. Player head is a cube – additional skin elements like glasses, extra hair, crowns or hats are not displayed on it and we cannot fix it.
    6. Next map reset, you lose the head with everything else.

In other words, if you lose it thanks to your sillyness, it’s gone. It’s supposed to be a trophy, but just like Ender Dragon Egg, you can lose it forever.

PS: Flatcore players, look here.

Nadarekyle
    Participant

AND defeat it? Oh god…

PickleMan

Uhhh…yeah, Ereh said to post this here, so:

http://imgur.com/a/Kb4pX

I’d like my head in my ender chest

Anonymous
    Inactive

Done. Don’t throw it on the ground and once placed, don’t break it. It will disappear.

chispire
    Participant

Defeated the Wither Boss, please post my head to my ender chest 😉

Ps. Star is on the ground in picture 9. Ds.

http://imgur.com/a/N22hg

Nadarekyle
    Participant

@chispire wrote:

Defeated the Wither Boss, please post my head to my ender chest 😉

Ps. Star is on the ground in picture 9. Ds.

http://imgur.com/a/N22hg

So THAT’S what that noise was.

chispire
    Participant

You live near me? Or, when spawning a Wither Boss in SMP, all players here an audio queue?

Nadarekyle
    Participant

@chispire wrote:

You live near me? Or, when spawning a Wither Boss in SMP, all players here an audio queue?

Everyone on the server heard it, and everyone was going “What was that?” “Oh, you heard it too?” “Sounds like someone killed the Wither.”

You didn’t see all that?

chispire
    Participant

@Nadarekyle wrote:

@chispire wrote:

Everyone on the server heard it, and everyone was going “What was that?” “Oh, you heard it too?” “Sounds like someone killed the Wither.”

You didn’t see all that?

Nope, I was engaged with other pressing arrow and sword assignments 😉
    But it seems when someone is challenging the Wither Boss, there is a server wide “announcement” by sound 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://imgur.com/a/1Ucb3
    In my inventory please.

Anonymous
    Inactive

weeeee I love my head 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

And the challenge is now completed! Congratulations to all winners. 🙂

chispire
    Participant

@ridddle wrote:

And the challenge is now completed! Congratulations to all winners. 🙂

Thank you, Ridddle, for arranging this competition. It has changed my play-style around my base, to the degree I miss it when not under it’s influence 😉

Edit: My WIP with the beacon in the center:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.