Creative world protections

Front Page Forums MCNSA Creative world protections

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ereh_Dogon

So listen, I know that creative map is already starting to get a little crazy and people are doing some stupid things, I’ve since disabled all mob spawning. Now I am wanting to make griefprevention work in the creative map, but for it to work properly and the way i want it to, the map will probably get reset. So before I go forward with this I want to make sure its okay with you all that we do this now instead of having to wait till much later.

If you’re mostly (I know you wont all be) but if most of you are cool with it, I’ll set it up and increase the over all blocks per hour even further to make sure people have enough to protect all their precious things.

greypo

Look, treat the current creative map as a test run. Sure, you might have made some cool things, but realistically, it hasn’t been up for very long. With a new map, you’ll have GriefPrevention, meaning you can’t have people come along and grief your things.

The map is already crowded, and this way you can have a bit of space. VOTE NEW CREATIVE MAP!

[attachment=0:aa7qtfbk]2013-04-06_05.05.53.png[/attachment:aa7qtfbk]

lygarine

We’ve had that area up for like a week, and already want to wipe it?

Let me copy over my wall/tower designs to my single player, then my vote goes to having the area removed, as I was never in support of creative mode.

For you players that would rather survive in a world with infinite resources, and no danger, just build really far from spawn, and set your home there. Anyone who goes that far out of their way to grief you 5k+ blocks from spawn is probably doing it intentionally.

P.S. I’ll have that copy-over done tonight. Thank you for the heads up.

Ereh_Dogon

I just want to wipe it to make the process over all easier, I could do it without wiping it but it would get messy and then we’d have to figure out how to handle all the current builds within it. This is just cleaner, I should have done it from the get go it was just an oversight during my setting up of it.

lygarine

I’m too far behind to be able to copy over my design block for block (thank you limey ಠ_ಠ). But do as you must, If I can’t remember the design I’ll just make it better anyways (in survival of course, *still votes creative off the hub*).

FuzzyWuzzie

No one is forcing you to play creative, lygarine. Some players like being able to test builds out there, or just goof around without effort. Nothing can be transferred between those worlds, so why would we get rid of it?

lygarine

I come from a server resource perspective. While I agree that creative mode is great for tossing up time consuming designs, and testing redstone contraptions, it also has the ability to compromise server stability. I’m not saying I hate creative mode. I’m saying that if the server can handle it, then, and only then, should it be a good idea.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.