Custom Crafted Items

Front Page Forums Feedback Custom Crafted Items

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Ereh_Dogon

This one is probably my favorite idea of all of them. Perhaps you found some epic recipe in an event or dungeon, whatever. You now have the ability to gather the materials and build awesome weapons.

The main plugin that would handle this is actually Craftbook.

Here’s how to use it: http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/CraftBook/Custom_crafting

Here’s how item syntax works: http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/CraftBook/Item_Syntax

Here’s a few ideas to bounce your way to get you started:
    -Build a legendary item that can be combined with two others to create a legendary sword.
    -Find a recipe in a dungeon chest that tells you how to craft a powerful potion with multiple effects
    -Find some book pages that when found and combined create a book of lore possibly hidden with riddles on a secret item or area

I’ll leave the rest to you to come up with great ideas and I encourage you to post the recipes here. Even if you can’t understand the configuration style of crafting just explain what you mean.

|Item1|Empty|Empty|
    |Empty|Item2|Empty| Creates ====> EPIC ITEM OF AWESOME!
    |Item3|Item4|Empty|

Hazelnut20

Just wondering if I post my ideas here and if it can also do brewing recipes. I have read the craftbook link and it says crafting and smelting but no brewing.

Ereh_Dogon

I’m not sure about brewing I haven’t looked into that part of it. However, if you wanted you could take say a Strength potion and then combine it with materials or other potions to combine or create stronger ones. Etc. I’ll look into the brewing to see. But for now please post your ideas!

Hazelnut20

Good idea Ereh, Thanks. So my idea is for a wither effect potion, nausea and a blindness. Just a couple of basic ideas. A splash version would be good too. Maybe just add gunpowder in the crafting grid.

Wither Potion (Shapeless)
    Poison Potion + Coal + Nether Quartz
    or more expensive
    Poison + Instant damage + Wither skull = 2 Wither Potions

Blind Potion (Shapeless)
    Night Vision Potion + Fermented Spider Eye + Ink Sack

Nausea Potion
    Can only be bought in pubs throughout towns as a town perk (This is my favourite :D)
    Cost: About 2 Gold (Change this to another price if you wish)
    Would be good if it could be turned into splash too.

Just suggestions, if you would like to change any that’s fine.

Rimmi
    Participant

Maybe you could have a way to create an ore, like maybe diamond, emerald, ext. For all the people that have fortune picks this might come in handy.

Crafting Bench:
    [ ] [Diamond] [ ]
    [Diamond] [ ] [Diamond] [Diamond Ore]
    [ ] [Diamond] [ ]

Maybe something like that would be kinda cool.

Now, Food, Food, Food everyone needs food to survive, so we may be able to make that easier for them.

Crafting Bench:
    [Sugar] [Sugar] [Sugar]
    [ ] [ Egg ] [ ] [Cake]
    [Apple] [Apple] [Apple]

This can be handy when you are very low on hunger and traveling somewhere with a low amount of food, you can find these items on your journey. And then make a cake that can restore a pretty good amount of health.

greypo

@rimmi26 wrote:

Now, Food, Food, Food everyone needs food to survive, so we may be able to make that easier for them.

Crafting Bench:
    [Sugar] [Sugar] [Sugar]
    [ ] [ Egg ] [ ] [Cake]
    [Apple] [Apple] [Apple]

This can be handy when you are very low on hunger and traveling somewhere with a low amount of food, you can find these items on your journey. And then make a cake that can restore a pretty good amount of health.

Doesn’t 3 apples have the same hunger filling-ness as a cake, or am I mistaken?

Rimmi
    Participant

Lol, I dunno hadn’t thought that one out yet, but if you replace the apples with the wheat, I think that would be better.

Rimmi
    Participant

It would indeed be almost exactly the same as the original recipe, but you wouldn’t have to go through the hassle of finding iron, smelting it, making buckets, and finding a cow to even make the cake. Even if farming does take a little bit of work, you can still use bonemeal to allow it to grow faster. Thus making it a bit of an easier recipe.

Rimmi
    Participant

Me and BasicThoughts thought of a couple recipes we could have in 1.6. Now I am not one to go caving and find a ton of dungeons, and I know some would agree. Me and Basic were talking about how it would be better if we could craft nametags and we came up with a couple different recipes.

Basic’s Recipe

[Iron][iron][]
    [iron][string][string]
    [][string][string]

My Recipe

[book][book][ink sac]
    [book][feather][wool]
    [ink sac][wool][wool]

Hazelnut20

I think that a recipe for a name-tag would be great but it takes away the fun of finding chests in all sorts of places. The cake recipe is annoying when having to create large amounts but I like it. It would be good if milk buckets were stackable to at least 16 per stack.

Hazelnut20

Thor’s Hammer would be awesome, I hope this won’t be too OP.

[Stone] [Nether Star] [Stone]
    [Diamond] [Diamond Axe] [Diamond] = Thor’s Hammer
    [Blaze Powder] [Leather] [Blaze Powder]

Thor’s Hammer could have any of these properties: They are based off the real abilities of Thor’s Hammer
    1. High Damage (attack strength of a diamond axe with Sharpness 5 so its not a strong as a diamond sword with the same enchantments)
    2. Be thrown (Like a bow and arrow, then returns to the user (or like infinity))
    3. Open portals to nether regions
    4. Teleport (A version of flying like Thor without flight)
    5. Only the maker can use it
    6. Can be enchanted further (the ones that are possible with books: Efficiency and Silk Touch or Fortune)
    7. Double Jump (Like Thor’s flying)
    8. Indestructible
    9. Destroys blocks when thrown or when mining blocks
    10. Knockback (Comes with knockback II)

The ones I would suggest would be so it won’t be OP: 1. 5.10. Having all of them would be way too OP but by have a few it would be fine. They are based off the actual abilities of Thor’s Hammer.

Ereh_Dogon

Thatd be op as shit. But i appreciate where your head is keep the ideas coming.

Hazelnut20

HARDENED CLAY! Everyone will be using it, colouring it, decorating with it and loving it. Clay is easy to find but not in big numbers. Being able to craft it would be great! I was thinking of a recipe like this.

Clay (item): Shapeless
    [Sand/dirt]
    [Water bucket]
    = 1 Clay and a bucket

And of course 4 clay = 1 clay block and 1 clay block (smelted) = hardened clay.

RogueHaven

You think clay’s hard to find? Get yourself a river and you should be golden. If that’s giving you trouble, grab some enderpearls and an aqua affinity helm and scrape some off the bottom of the ocean. they’re hardly rare 😛

Hazelnut20

I know clay isn’t hard to find, but collecting lots easier would be better.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.