Cut it out with the jump scare shit guys. Please be mature.

Front Page Forums MCNSA Cut it out with the jump scare shit guys. Please be mature.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    BFloop

Cut it out with that jump scare that has been going around. Nobody finds it funny. I’ve seen it 4 times in 3 days. Just please be mature and don’t put dumb shit like this is chat. k thanks

Tana64

Example of the jump scare shit, please?

hiamsam
    Participant

He says “These links that go to a flashing scary face”

BFloop

Those links that open up to something like a face, like Sam said. There is also an obnoxiously loud scream that hurts your ears when your wear headphones. Here is an example ” Hey guys I got in a fight last night, this is a picture of my black eye (insert link here)” Honestly it baffles me how people find joy or excitement out of this malarkey. It is like getting a phone sex operator to text you naughty messages. You see and hear no reaction. Does a “fuck you that wasn’t cool” make people laugh or feel happy? It just confuses me how people can be more immature than me.

Pyrotek

Yeah, I agree with BFloop here. That kind of shit is irritating, and while I won’t embarrass myself with detailing my own experience (headphones, volume at slightly above-normal…), it fucked up my day pretty horribly >_<

The person who dropped the link was apologetic, though – promised not to do it again and so forth.

Dantao

While I agree that those kinda links are a but of a dick move You should also take a lesson away from this..never click a link with your volume up…even Youtube links can be insanely loud at times also. >.>

Ruku178

A good motto is, Don’t open any links. The reason I say that is you never know what could be on the other side of that link, it could be a riderect to a site that will give you a rat /keylogger / ip grabber. You never know who you can trust.

SpokenSquid

@Dantao wrote:

While I agree that those kinda links are a but of a dick move You should also take a lesson away from this..never click a link with your volume up…even Youtube links can be insanely loud at times also. >.>

I have made this dick move twice. First was following a few joke links from a stream of people, and the second was explaining the link in a later discussion. Neither were intended to completely terrify, and I have apologised to those people that seemed deeply upset in /g along with some soothing puppy pictures.

I did not intend for this to catch on, and for that, I am sorry. I will no longer be posting these kinds of links, and will be handing out warnings to those that do, citing my own experience.

EDIT: The link for anyone curious (warning, it is rather loud and shocking, turn sound down first, and do not click if you are prone to light-induced epileptic seizures)

Dell_the_Engie

Protip: always choose “copy to clipboard”, and then consult [s:347a91mx]Admiral Ackbar[/s:347a91mx] Google.

Pyrotek

NoScript usually blocks flashysoundy thing until I can check the URLs, but I think I had it disabled for whatever reason at that time.

But also, I double checked with the link Squid posted (which I think was the same one I clicked on), and even with the volume on my headphones below what it normally is, *and* the headphones not on my ears… was pretty damn loud.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This dude here doesn’t even have Flash installed on his machine.

askem
    Participant

I’ve learned not to click links like this. Though I’ve not seen any on the server *fingers crossed*

I have a heart condition so those things can (and have) cause(d) my heart to stop. It’s especially upsetting when it’s a friend that links it.

.swf and .mp3’s are two file types I avoid like the plague, but some people now use URL changers for them :/

BFloop

Yeah askem having a heart attack would be a tragedy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.