Enders Game

Front Page Forums MCNSA Enders Game

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    quick_demon

Thoughts? i’m on book 4 and i fucking love it.

gravehorrorvacui

Great series, I haven’t read any of them in a long time. Ender is the friggin boss though.

quick_demon

HELL YEAH 😀

Atlasrune

@gravehorrorvacui wrote:

Great series, I haven’t read any of them in a long time. Ender is the friggin boss though.

I beg to differ. Fuck yeah bean.

Ender’s Shadow is my personal favorite book in the series.

gravehorrorvacui

Aha, I agree about Ender’s Shadow being the best book, at least out of the ones I’ve read. I think that was the last one I finished. I can’t wait to see the movie!

wigginman

On July 17, 2012 “Earth Unaware”, a prequel to Ender’s game comes out. Buy it.

Leonheart515

I was actually just at Barnes and Noble saying to myself that I need to reread the ones I read years ago… and start/finish what I didn’t read

Wiggin, have you read Earth Unaware yet? I was really let down by Shadows in Flight so I’m hesitant to shell out again for this one. I loved both quartets but the add-on stories have been (generally) weaker.

wigginman

I have not read it yet. I hope to be purchasing it soon.

Just finished reading Earth Unaware (New Prequel set at the time of the first discovery of the formics/buggers).
    If you’re a fan of the series, I think you will enjoy. If you have not read the series, do not read it first (not due to spoilers, but simply because it’s not as powerful).
    I’m not sure if he’s planning a sequel to the prequel (an in-betweequel?), but there are some definite unresolved questions. Good fast-paced read. Overall it’s a much better addition to the series than the new book in the Bean saga.

tl,dr: Don’t read Shadows in Flight. Do read Earth Unaware.

wigginman

Shadows in Flight?

Is that part of the Shadow series? I thought that series was over.

@wigginman wrote:

Shadows in Flight?

Is that part of the Shadow series? I thought that series was over.

Shadows in Flight is a short novel that came out recently (within a year I think). It’s about Bean in seclusion with those of his children in which Anton’s key was also turned. It basically serves as a narrative to explain that Bean dies out there in space but his kids live on. You’re not missing anything important.

wigginman

Thanks man

wigginman

Read it. It’s the only book in the series I don’t like

@wigginman wrote:

Read it. It’s the only book in the series I don’t like

Guessing you haven’t read War of Gifts then. It’s another mini-novel running parallel to Ender’s Game and Ender’s Shadow. Rubbish!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.