Firefly

Front Page Forums MCNSA Firefly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Armadildo

Anyone watched the series/film? My boyfriend made me watch it and I wish he hadn’t…It’s the ONLY sci-fi I ever liked! Oh man it’s so funny and all of the characters are likeable. Why was it cancelled? ;_; If you haven’t watched it, you should. Even if you hate sci-fi. It’s just an amazing show.

wigginman

By Firefly, are you talking about the second best sci-fi show ever. Of course I’ve seen Firefly. What respectable nerd hasn’t? I totally agree with you. The show is fantastic, because it isn’t about the sci-fi. As for cancellation. It was cancelled because people are stupid. If you liked the characters of Firefly, then you should watch Babylon 5. Who was your favorite character. I like Mal.

Armadildo

@wigginman wrote:

By Firefly, are you talking about the second best sci-fi show ever. Of course I’ve seen Firefly. What respectable nerd hasn’t? I totally agree with you. The show is fantastic, because it isn’t about the sci-fi. As for cancellation. It was cancelled because people are stupid. If you liked the characters of Firefly, then you should watch Babylon 5. Who was your favorite character. I like Mal.

I think I watched Babylon 5 but it wasn’t as funny or exciting. My favourite character is Kaylee because she’s adorable and happy even when everyone is nean to her :c

wigginman

I watched B5, not because it was funny, but becuase of the fantastic character arcs. It got exciting later on though. I know what you mean about Kaylee. I like Mal because he doesn’t care what anyone else thinks, and he doesn’t let on what he is thinking or feeling.

Pyrotek

I finally got around to watching Firefly ~a year ago – absolutely amazing.

Several friends dropped my earlier expectations by telling me it was only good because of Whedon’s name, etc, but it really blew past the hype. Of course, it’s a terrible idea – because now I’ll spend the rest of my life watching through the series/Serenity every year and knowing that there’ll never be anything more.

Also, Summer Glau.

I might get around to watching Babylon 5 later, but I’m going through other series right now (Buffy, Castle, planning to start up The Next Generation soon too, now that I finished DS9).

JudgeAnderson

B5 is loads of fun, and I’m sorry for Firefly being cancelled, it is a horrible feeling.

Atlasrune

@Pyrotek wrote:

Also, Summer Glau.

Honestly, Jewel Staite(Kaylee) is the only actor/celebrity crush I have ever and will ever have.

Armadildo

@Atlasrune wrote:

@Pyrotek wrote:

Also, Summer Glau.

Honestly, Jewel Staite(Kaylee) is the only actor/celebrity crush I have ever and will ever have.

^This! She’s just so darn adorable!!!

ILackPants

@Armadildo wrote:

@Atlasrune wrote:

@Pyrotek wrote:

Also, Summer Glau.

So many celebrities seem to cast this image of “you want to sleep with me don’t you?” but she just… makes you want to hug the heck out of her.

Farblade

Summer’s kinda creepy. I’ll stick to Jewel.

Atlasrune

@ILackPants wrote:

@Armadildo wrote:

@Atlasrune wrote:

So many celebrities seem to cast this image of “you want to sleep with me don’t you?” but she just… makes you want to hug the heck out of her.

Not only that, but she’s a really neat person in real life. 😀

Here’s her personal food blog.

And here’s a response blog she’s been doing for Blastr.

Altimeter

My wife and I named our daughter Zoe River.

My Minecraft skin is Captain Mal.

wigginman

My skin was Mal

Tana64

The series was initially aired on TV in the wrong order, and no one got it, so a second season wasn’t funded. Then everyone had that terrible feeling you get when you realise you’ve made a mistake you can never undo. Everyone’s cries for a series continuation resulted in Serenity (the movie), but Joss Whedon (the director/producer/awesome guy in charge) said he isn’t going to make any more. Thus began humanity’s decline.

wigginman

So, if I watch the show on Netflix, is the order correct?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.