Hai MCNSA

Front Page Forums MCNSA Hai MCNSA

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    slothario

Hey all,

Recently, I was reflecting on my time at MCNSA and the

A_FLEMING

I hope you can get back here as well, sloth. There’s no harm in coming to say hi.

slothario

You’re already bishop, flem? Congrats.

LimeyBoy
    Participant

Whoa there… lets get some context here!

[spoiler:1eipeuwh]Slothario was a player on the server for well over a year. He was a bishop and a well known, widely liked and trusted player.

Slothario volunteered to write a plugin for the server to handle PO8.

He wrote it and sent an un-obfusticated version of the code to Fuzzy (he manages our plugins and writes epic plugins himself).

Fuzzy checks it out, finds it totally OK with no issues.

Slothario sends a packaged code to be put straight into the server.

This new version of the code has a backdoor which will give anyone OP. OP allows anyone to use any of the plugins on the server. (For context, not even Templars are OP)

Fuzz puts the code straight in, having no reason to suspect it was any different from the code he checked only moments before.

Slothario uses the backdoor, extensively.

Slothario fucks up, an altarboy ends up with hundreds of diamond blocks. The altarboy is banned, we follow the trail of the diamonds, find Slothario at the end of it. (The altarboy is unbanned)

Not entirely sure about what exactly happened in what order for this bit, but Fuzz and Ridd have a look at Slothario's plugin, find the backdoor. Slothario apparently owned up at some point after it was clear the mod team was suspicious.

Slothario seems to see no problem with it. Sounds pretty cold and sociopathic.

Slothario = banned

Everyone else = Glad this happened before Slothario was made a mod.[/spoiler:1eipeuwh]

You betrayed everyone, but most of all Fuzzy, who (like all you Angelics) spends way too much time making sure this show stays online. Your self-justification and total lack of remorse didn’t really go down to well either.

lolsloth… <3

Microsoftt
    Participant

./lolsloth_foreverbanned.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/MCNSA/comments/q9wvv/mcnsa_is_a_community_built_on_trust_and/

Edit: On the reddit post, he seems to have deleted his comments.
    lolsloth you so silly.

slothario

Yep, I prefer to leave that behind me.

LimeyBoy
    Participant

I’m sure you would, I’m sure Hitler felt the same way about invading Poland when he started losing WWII.

Just saying…

slothario

Not to

Anonymous
    Inactive

My take away message is that I’m sorry how I treated some of you.

Oh, some of us.

My take away message from all of this is that you haven’t changed and you still love to pepper your posts with half-truths and superiority. You think you’re a good person because you know how you act in real life. Well, we don’t know you from real life, only from a minecraft server and a few posts on Reddit and now here. And you know what, after seeing what you have to say, I’m tempted to say you’re still not ashamed for what you did. You just regret your tone when talking to us about it.

To quote you from memory (because you redacted your own comments): you would do it again, because it was not a big deal. Or wait, it was a big deal, but you don’t understand why.

I’m not really full of contempt. I saw your name here and was like “Hey, it’s sloth, maybe he wants to participate in forums, cool” but after reading your stuff I remember why I don’t really wanna interact with you.

slothario

It’s hard to be graceful when people accuse you of being a sociopath, ridddle.

I’m tempted to say you’re still not ashamed for what you did. You just regret your tone when talking to us about it.

I really think the disconnect here is because everything is done over text, and there’s a lot of room for misinterpretation. The whole time I was doing it I was thinking, “Tee hee, I’ve evading authority. This is going to be hilarious.” Then, when you found out, you were like, “That fucker has been lying to us the whole time.” Perhaps if this were in person, you’d understand that I wasn’t being cold and calculating. Perhaps it didn’t help that I didn’t write a line in the code that checked to see it was me, and you quite understandably suspect that I might have been planning to give out the password. (I wasn’t.)

And besides, it’s still possible to not fully understand why a person feels a certain way but apologize for it anyway. Sometimes people are just on different wavelengths like that.

And to be totally honest, this *really* comes down to an issue of wounded pride. Why else did it become so personal? I’ll forgive you for wounding my pride if you forgive me for wounding yours.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The whole time I was doing it I was thinking, “Tee hee, I’ve evading authority. This is going to be hilarious.” Then, when you found out, you were like, “That fucker has been lying to us the whole time.” Perhaps if this were in person, you’d understand that I wasn’t being cold and calculating.

There’s a reason I don’t have keys to nsanidy’s actual apartament and a reason that Guests can’t place TNT. There are levels of trust, in this simple game. Every breach of security is met with some alarms going off silently and some security dudes asking to please return the items, sir.

However, breach of trust is a different beast. This is connecting with random people on the internet, developing a relationship with them over time, getting to know each other, learning to share responsibilities and then dumping some steaming brown paste all over it. This is basically slapping us in the face.

And, personally, I sense this cavalier attitude in your posts. How hard is it to just come, write „I’m sorry, that’s it. Can we be friends again?” instead of explaining how complex the situation was and apologizing only for some parts of your behavior? I would do that. It’s simpler, cleaner and it carries your feelings across.

slothario

How hard is it to just come, write „I’m sorry, that’s it.

Well, that’s what I came here to do–that’s what I initially tried to do in the original thread–but it’s hard to stand by while people line up to take pot shots at you.

Tana64

I have no hate, or pride – life’s too short, and friends are too few.

Not that I feel like any of this was aimed at me. ^__^

wigginman

I realize that what I say and think doesn’t matter at all here, but I will say it anyways. I hope you don’t think I’m preaching to you becuase I’m not trying to. Life is too short. We shouln’t spend it being angry at people. If this post makes others angry, then I am sorry, but I refuse to be angry at someone and not forgive that person. Sloth, what you did was a big mistake; I’ve made some of those too (details don’t matter), but every action has consequences, and your consequences include a ban. I forgive you, and I hope others can too, but we cannot let something like this get away without any consequences here on MCNSA. I liked you, you were one of the few people with whom I could discuss music theory, but now I can’t. I understand what you are saying about why you did it, but I also understand why people like ridddle are upset. I’m not taking a “keep banned” or an “unban him” side. That isn’t my right, and this isn’t the place for that. I just want you to know that I have forgiven you, and I hope that others can too.
    Peace out,
    wigginman

slothario

Thanks, wiggin. Enjoy summer camp!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.