How to start DMing?

Front Page Forums MCNSA How to start DMing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Atlasrune

My IRL friend group would like to play some pen and paper games, but out of the four of us, one has always been the DM and would rather not have to DM anymore. The other two are not particularly creative, one of whom just doesn’t care at all.

So, if we’re to play any sort of DnD, I’ll have to be the one to DM. I’m fine with this, but I don’t even know where to start. Are there any good modules to start with? I don’t think I have the creativity to come up with a full world, but I think I could manage if I had somewhere to start.

I think I know the systems well enough to work with now(Especially i can get them to use pathfinder), so I should be fine on that.

DevilsDan

While some points of this book are kind of questionable, it’s mostly a pretty good resource for a beginning DM, used it myself a little(didnt get too far with it though, but what I read at the start was good).

Farblade

Atlas, if you want dm help, I can give you a few tips and rundown over things over mumble sometime. If it’s a system I’m familiar with, ill help teach that too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.