I’m lodging a formal complaint.

Front Page Forums MCNSA I’m lodging a formal complaint.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Chosen15
    Participant

Mods, I’m only going to say this one more time. You need to stop teleporting to me as hostile mobs. This has happened to me 4 times now, and every time I made it clear that I really hate having the shit scared out of me like that. I thought this was supposed to be a maturity 18+ server, but you guys are acting like my 12 yr old brother. Stop it, or I’m leaving for good. Dead serious. And I’m not getting back on until it’s resolved. Roses don’t make up for not listening.

Anonymous
    Inactive

MobDisguise will be disabled for now. We’re looking into ways of disabling hostile mob disguises.

Won’t happen again, I’m sorry you became a victim of pranks.

Chosen15
    Participant

Thanks so much ridddle 🙂

wigginman

Wow. I never expected that this would happen. I was not involved, but I’m sorry this happened to you chosen.

Nadarekyle
    Participant

We have MobDisguise again? 😀

You guys should teleport to people as Notch, then proceed to set everything on fire (which is okay, since firespread is off) problem solved!

It’s happened to me before with Kwinno, but I wasn’t too worried about it because I know that ghasts don’t appear in the normal world and he was always in chat with me so I always figured out a few seconds after because he would be laughing. I just saw it as good fun. I didn’t know that anyone was bothered by it.

Chosen15
    Participant

@DarkAngelsBlood1 wrote:

It’s happened to me before with Kwinno, but I wasn’t too worried about it because I know that ghasts don’t appear in the normal world and he was always in chat with me so I always figured out a few seconds after because he would be laughing. I just saw it as good fun. I didn’t know that anyone was bothered by it.

He came up to me as a creeper twice. He didn’t say anything until I had run away from him and then tried to hit him. Then mab teleported to me as an enderman while I was in my melon creeper, and that scared the hell out of me. Limey also teleported to me as a giant slime. Like, the biggest slime possible.

maboughey
    Keymaster

Did you not see the diamond block I was holding? I always use a diamond block to let people know I wasn’t a real enderman 🙂

Chosen15
    Participant

I didn’t know that. And I was too freaked out by the purple bubbles and the warping around me to notice.

askem
    Participant

Endermen won’t attack you unless you look at them/hit them anyway.

Honestly, it’s all in good fun. I don’t get why everyone has to be so uptight about everything. I understand if you said to one person and asked them to stop and they kept doing it, sure.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, if a player says „stop”, moderators are supposed to stop immediately. Sorry it happened to you, it’s easy to go overboard with some toys like that. As I said, it’s disabled now as being a monster doesn’t help in moderating in any way.

wigginman

^yet…

Altimeter

@ridddle wrote:

…being a monster doesn’t help in moderating in any way.

This.

The mobdisguise plugin is a plugin that fit in well during the older, more teleporty/warpy/semi-creative mcnsa of yore. Back when moderators would actively troll/worldedit with wild abandon/call down lightning/slap just because they could–and the players knew this sort of thing was *going* to happen–MobDisguise was a nifty tool in the modly repertoire of chaos.

Back then, death penalties were really small, as there was no exp, and we had much easier movement about the map.

MobDisguise/DisguiseCraft really has little purpose on today’s MCNSA. We’re a much more survival oriented server nowadays, and players actively go out of their way to avoid deaths as their gear represents a significantly higher time investment, and getting back to the death point is much harder. It’s something that causes undue stress, and those of us raised to modhood during the earlier days can sometimes forget how things have changed for the average player.

Unless we can gimp it to only allow silly/nonthreatening transformations, I see it as a liability that most likely will not return on the survival server.

JudgeAnderson

Alti, don’t forget totally random and uncalled for Timeouting of innocent Cardinals…

Chosen15
    Participant

@JudgeAnderson wrote:

Alti, don’t forget totally random and uncalled for Timeouting of innocent Cardinals…

^ True

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘I’m lodging a formal complaint.’ is closed to new replies.