MCNSA Hunger Games

Front Page Forums MCNSA MCNSA Hunger Games

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Nadarekyle
    Participant

So, yesterday, in a classic ridddle moment, the idea was born. I think it was intended as a joke, but I’d like to do more with it. The idea is that Hunger Games can be held on the server. The initial idea was that we would pick a city (or a large build) and let loose some players to fight to the death. However, I was also thinking of some sort of arena being built, in the style of the Gladiator Games from last map, but with a cornucopia and larger terrain. It would be easy enough to build — just put a massive circle of fences around naturally generated terrain, put a stockpile at the center, let the server loose inside.

UPDATE: Because of all the interest in the project, I built a small arena, which lasted about 3 rounds before the map reset. The map after that, last map, Leon helped me see the arena I had in mind to reality; all the worldediting had more or less been finished, and all that remained was to add some details and put in all the chests. However, the current map was coming up fast, and we couldn’t carry over the map we had been working on. I tried to upload screenshots in an imgur album, but it’s only showing the last picture, and the other ones aren’t getting added to the album ๐Ÿ™
    With Bukkit up, I plan on making another arena, so stay tuned!

EDIT: I got an album up! Here is proof that work was being done! (BFloop)
    http://imgur.com/a/2kBq3 <

click.

I’d like to hear your thoughts, and I’d like to know who wants to see this happen. Here are the supporters I know of so far:

ridddle (he never directly SAID he would be interested, but since it was his statement that gave birth to this big fat newborn of an idea, he gets to be on the list)
    A_FLEMING
    bob313
    TheSeventh5tun
    GIRsPigOfDoom
    Woparsons
    talkasab
    DevilsDan (practically heading the project)
    Raynomd
    Staar003
    FlyswatterNBR1
    DiamondDragon26 (wants to help build the arena)
    RowanSpirit (crafting consultant)
    PortalMaster1000
    Microsoftt (landscaping)
    LinkOcarinaTime
    gravehorrorvacui
    ibot140
    OsamaBinJacob
    mmine1
    detonatorman
    Landononious
    BFloop
    mrbananabird
    Dastete

So yeah. Uhh, mmhm. Thoughts? Ideas? Will you volunteer for tribute?

May the odds be ever in your favor!
    -Nadarekyle

DevilsDan

I don’t really know much about what Hunger Games is, but I could build a nice arena with various fun traps and whatnot thrown in.

Nadarekyle
    Participant

Awesome! All you would really need to do is, like I said, fence off an area, put some traps here and there, and then we put this thing in the center. HOWEVER. I won’t let you go it alone, if you’re doing it, I’d very much like to assist.

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunger_Games

Raynomd

Iโ€™m down for any kind of Minecraft death-match, even though Iโ€™ve not read the books.

DevilsDan

Well, I guess I know which movie I am watching next.

Staar003

I’d love to get in on this- Deathmatches are always fun.

Nadarekyle
    Participant

Yes, Staar, they are.

FlyswatterNBR1
    Participant

You’ve got my support!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nad id love to be involved! I havent read the Books or seen the movie but i plan to and i have heard a lot about it. If you need help with the area id be glad to help. I was one of the select few from the last map to help build the Gladiator Games, with help from SpokenSquid and Butlerlog and, of couse, our supplier of materials the wonderful Octavian! So yea just letting you know ill support the idea! ๐Ÿ™‚

Nadarekyle
    Participant

Awesome! I didn’t think I’d have so many supporters at first ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m going to try and contact DevilsDan and DiamondDragon26 (that’s you guys) about finding a location, and then we can go from there!

DevilsDan

Right, so I watched it today. I have an idea.

A whole another server. A closed off area chopped up with worldedit. Players thrown in randomly across the map. Ultra hardcore. Someone not playing that throws in stuff occasionally when it gets boring(not to screw someone over completely though).

How does that sound? Now what we need is just a server, an interesting seed and a set time.

Nadarekyle
    Participant

My friend has a server, I can convince him. Maybe ๐Ÿ˜›

I still haven’t seen the movie though, unfortunately. Been busy ๐Ÿ™

I like the idea, and honestly, I think the role of Gamemaster should go to ridddle.
    And the cornucopia could be a gold or wood plank horn half in the ground (but elevated a bit more, so it’s a bit tougher to get into it) with a possible underground section, with progressively more valuable items, but not in stacks, but more like when you go into a dungeon and you find the stacks separated with like 3 and 5, so they can’t take whole stocks with a couple clicks while under battle pressure.

As far as interesting seeds… http://www.teamavolition.com/topic/8230-6-great-minecraft-seeds-for-124/

So yeah. Tell me what you think :3

RowanSpirit

I don’t know how much help I would be, but I definitely think a lot of fun could be had with this. Good luck to you, Nadar! If you need item crafting assistance, let me know by PM or some such. ^-^

DevilsDan

Cornucopia is the thing with the supplies at the beginning, right? I think the concept of it should be thrown out of the window altogether, that would make for a much more interesting game rather than a lot of quick deaths in the beginning, IMO.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Iโ€™m not sure how to feel about asking people to go to another server to play with MCNSA folks. I want some kind of HC gameplay on MCNSA, but it needs time. Feel free to organize it yourself but itโ€™s nsanโ€™s decision if you can advertise it or not, seeing it as a competition to MCNSA (at least for now, we used to have Multiverse).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.