MCNSA Stories [Adventure Styled Events]

Front Page Forums Feedback MCNSA Stories [Adventure Styled Events]

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Leonheart515

So we’re trying to think of some awesome events where you can explore different areas, figure out puzzles, fight dozens of mobs, and use teamwork for the most evil of ideas! But we’d love your input…

What kind of themes should we use? Castles? Caves? Haunted Mansions?

What should these adventures have? Boss Fights? Redstone Puzzles? Teamwork Puzzles?

How long would one of them last? A quick 10 minute battle? A week long affair?

Give us your comments, questions, ideas, and concerns! Great ideas might be rewarded in-game!

Hazelnut20

This sounds great! I was thinking this could be the key, to the hardcore world. So if you reach the end, you will be able to go to the hardcore world at spawn.

For a theme, I was thinking something nether style or just hardcore. These themes would be better if it is going to be the key to the hardcore world. A Nether castle, a graveyard tomb or some Egyptian pyramid would be a great idea in my opinion.

When I think of an adventure, I think of the occasional mob, some puzzles (Teamwork and Redstone) and a boss fight at the end with a special way of killing the boss. (I probably think this because of all the Zelda games I have played.) So some fun teamwork puzzles to open up all the doors and a tough boss at the end.

A good session would be about 30 minutes to 2 hours in my opinion. If it is longer, don’t expect this to be done as a group as many people will not all be on for that time and the other players might continue without them. Shorter than that is just too short. You could always make a couple of locations before finding the key allowing many sessions.

This is a great idea and needs to be made!

Leonheart515

@Hazelnut20 wrote:

A Nether castle, a graveyard tomb or some Egyptian pyramid would be a great idea in my opinion.

I think all of these are awesome ideas that could be used! +3 Diamonds in game!

As of right now, I’m planning more smaller events but we are working on something bigger that I suppose could be used to ‘unlock’ things or have rewards, etc.

@Hazelnut20 wrote:

This is a great idea and needs to be made!

I’m glad you think so! It’ll really be a great experience (and truthfully, a bit less stressful on the mods) if we have more player input so I appreciate the ideas! Tell others to keep them coming too!

In my opinion, caves would be cool for redstone puzzles, castles for lots of boss fights, and a mansion type thing for some team puzzles. I usually like the more fighting type of adventure maps..
    I think it would be better to make 10 minute-hour long events, because I’d be willing to bet some people wouldn’t be able to get on every day to do it for a week. I know I wouldn’t xD

All the same, sounds like a fun idea!

Ok so, I know you have been playing with the carpet maze idea and I think it would be fantastic if you this was incorporated into a haunted mansion style redstone team puzzle, you could force the team to split with one member in the maze (Command block activated by a one-off pressure plate or something that would tp the nearest player to it) and the other have to solve a puzzle to light their way (using the carpet light bleeding glitch and redstone lamps) OR they can elect to let the maze-trapped member figure it out themselves but with limited time perhaps? And if they make it through without the lighted path they can access an alternate, better prize that requires all members of the team to activated (AND Gates or some such) or if they fail to solve it in the allotted time, a random member of the team dies. This of course would just be part of a grander series of puzzles but I think it would be cool to have that sort of choice making put into it.

I personally, favor atmosphere where puzzles are involved, so I would go with a mansion or castle for redstone puzzles. Boss fights would also be cool in a (spacious) castle. Caves make for good adventuring areas because of the all the potential ways you can hide things to find. I think if at all possible some of these adventures should involve the outside wilderness in some part as well because the claustrophobic environments mentioned before only have that effect by contrast.

As for the duration, I think it would be better if they remained the length of a single play session at maximum. Otherwise, interests can be lost or various members of your party can be inconveniently unavailable.

Leonheart515

What if there were larger events that were more server-wide team-based? Something such as “We need 64 Mermaid’s Tears to create an airspace that leads to the lost city of Atlantis” that would require a lot of people working together over a week or more?

Would something like this be of interest?

I like this idea but that would take a crazy long time lol. and would there be an actual city to find??

OK SO!

As some of you may have seen, I have been working on some redstone for various adventure like things. I was on /r/Minecraft and saw a post about some cool mods that i don’t know if could be added but i think they serve a purpose and are pretty simple. Of course I know not about their compatibility but there is LOTS of potential for adventure style events by using the outlineD mods:

http://imgur.com/a/sa8OG

Some of the things I think would be cool is dwarven temple-like doors or something that only open on full moons (using the moonlight sensor) and there could be mob battles in there to get the treasure. The sensors could also be hooked to dispensers with fireworks so that if you are far you can see it in the distance and try to find it. Or people could find one and camp out at it until the doors are ready to open. I think it would do lots for atmosphere.

The bookshelf mod has TONS of adventure potential in the style of scooby doo style hidden doors or exposition told in shelved books. We could even leave maps in them hidden marking treasure or hidden rooms. We could do this by having maps actually be floor plans. We could manage this by having the events take place in far away parts of the nether or end and building the floor plans over the rooms. So you could find a building in the survival world (to appropriately appreciate the story) and then tp to another world via command blocks or some other such warp pad tech. Just some ideas 😀

Hazelnut20

@Leonheart515 wrote:

What if there were larger events that were more server-wide team-based? Something such as “We need 64 Mermaid’s Tears to create an airspace that leads to the lost city of Atlantis” that would require a lot of people working together over a week or more?

Would something like this be of interest?

This is a great idea. We need something to replace the ender dragon as I think its already gone. I would love if a group just got together, and everyone used some item to teleport them to a new place that would stop them from teleporting home until the challenge or boss has been defeated. So you would want to be the first otherwise the reward might already have been taken. Atlantis sounds like a great place to start! With the airspace, do you mean it will create a long air bubble to the destination? And again, this idea is awesome and needs to be made for the MCNSA community!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.