Mini chaos server?

Front Page Forums MCNSA Mini chaos server?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    FuzzyWuzzie

Hey guys,

Ever since reading about an experiment someone did with a small world, I’ve been wanting to partake in our own version of it. Basically, what would happen is I would host my own mini server that would only run at certain times, allowing only certain people on and ensuring that everyone who is participating is on at once (or at least, very nearly everyone). The map would be a miniscule 400×400 (or even smaller, depending on number of people), and would run at pre-set times (prescribed start date and time, prescribed end time), with it only being able to be run if everyone is there. An optional vote will take part if one or two people are missing, but it would really only be fair if everyone was online at once the entire time. There would be absolutely no rules, other than “stay within the bedrock bounds”, and essentially no plugins to affect gameplay (as vanilla as it gets while keeping bukkit to manage things). The goal would be to do whatever you want – either team up together and build something great, or, well, the opposite. No rules, no moderation (except for dealing with verbal abuse, etc).

I’ve been playing minecraft for a long time, and kinda need something “new and fresh” to keep me active. Think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiCxqbT2Ru8&t=82m12s. I dunno, maybe this will work?

Is this something you would be interested in? If I get enough people who are willing to try it, we will have to pick a schedule that will work for everyone involved, and I will put up the effort to make it happen. Before I do that effort though, I want to gauge interest. If you’re interested, please comment here! Thanks for reading!

woj75

This sounds like a lot of fun, I would join for sure! Just give me a date and time, and I will try my best to be there.

A_FLEMING

A TV show that plays sometimes in Australia spoke about this (it’s a gaming show.)
    It looks incredibly fun and the moment I saw it I wanted to try it. Fuzzy, it’s a great idea and I hope you can get it to work. The screenshots of it made it look so much fun, the land was stripped of everything. I think it would be amazing if you were successful enough to “rule” the map.
    Work your magic fuzzy!

Anonymous
    Inactive

This sounds extremely fun.

Also, it might be great to use 1.4’s superflat customizations to generate an empty world and then copy-and-paste it to 1.3 so you only need to build, no need to erase.

What would you do about Nether?

If you disable it completely, there is no way to get to potions. However, if you set it up to be 400Γ—400 too, it’s not certain that it could encompass a stronghold. I think it’s safer to dispose of it.

Would you leave the roof open? Allowing sunlight would prevent people from being owned by super-spawning rates of monsters. You could WorldGuard the whole thing so that nobody can escape.

Kwinno

im game, say when πŸ˜€

Nadarekyle
    Participant

I’d definitely play. Though I figure EVERYONE will be going for the overpowered skybase approach.

M4D_H4TT3R

Sounds like a good time.

Put my vote in.

LimeyBoy
    Participant

Oh this would be so epic. I totally agree with ridd, forget the bedrock walls, make it a fully air map and paste some landscape in. You’ll get some people bridging off into the big empty, but it shouldn’t affect it significantly.

As to the nether: you could make it a totally empty world as well, meaning people would need to ship stuff through from the real world to build there.

Also, could you make people spawn randomly within the bounds of the ‘world’ like in the flatcore world? Just incase spawn gets lava’d.

Anyway, yes, this has my vote too!

FuzzyWuzzie

Ok, I think there’s enough interest for me to start putting this together.

For nether I’m thinking about making it either infinite like it is now, except all portals must go back to the overworld area that everyone is stuck in, or limiting the nether region as well. Maybe fudge it so there are netherbricks and netherwart accessible, but not very much of it. I feel like the nether should still be there though.

As for spawning in the world, everyone will spawn at the same location when the event begins, then respawn whenever the map resumes exactly where they were when it ends, so there won’t be a “spawn” so to speak. If someone manages to find where you respawn to and they take it out, then I think yes, you will respawn in a random location. That, or give someone a minute of immunity (but essentially make them a peon) so they can escape whatever is going on at a central spawn point. It might not be in the best interest of people to grief that point, cuz they will be victims of it when they inevitably die as well.

Dell_the_Engie

Count me in, sounds like a good time to me.

Nadarekyle
    Participant

@FuzzyWuzzie wrote:

It might not be in the best interest of people to grief that point, cuz they will be victims of it when they inevitably die as well.

What if I DON’T die?

woj75

[youtube][/youtube] @Nadarekyle wrote:

@FuzzyWuzzie wrote:

It might not be in the best interest of people to grief that point, cuz they will be victims of it when they inevitably die as well.

What if I DON’T die?

Don’t worry, we shall make sure it happens. πŸ˜€

Nadarekyle
    Participant

@woj75 wrote:

[youtube][/youtube] @Nadarekyle wrote:

@FuzzyWuzzie wrote:

What if I DON’T die?

Don’t worry, we shall make sure it happens. πŸ˜€

Mmmmm, I don’t know. In Pat’s war today, it took Pat’s Protection 12 diamond armor and a Sharpness 4, Fire Aspect 2 sword to finally take me down. ;D

A_FLEMING

Pfft. I haven’t died once in the war!

KorusRay
    Participant

beam me up scotty xD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.