New terrain generation option in snapshot

Front Page Forums Feedback New terrain generation option in snapshot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    LimeyBoy
    Participant

we need to use this on the next map, it’s totally amazing

EDIT: more

greypo

The mountain penis has a mushroom on the top. Just. . .

SpokenSquid

So much want.
    I will make it my temporary life goal to make sure we have a survival* world with this generation when we update.

Leonheart515

I flew around in single player for about 30 minutes just looking at the new biomes and this generation feature. Loved every second of it… Can’t wait to actually explore and play in survival mode

If I’m not mistaken, it says that to play with this kind of generation, you need a beefy computer. This might be a problem to a lot of people on MCNSA. Just saying.

RogueHaven

@BasicThoughts wrote:

If I’m not mistaken, it says that to play with this kind of generation, you need a beefy computer. This might be a problem to a lot of people on MCNSA. Just saying.

I think that’s only when generating the new terrain. I’m not very savvy with this kind of stuff but I think the workload would fall on MCNSA’s box, not any individual client. Also, this is the first snapshot of 1.7, and will surely be better optimized by full release.

@RogueHaven wrote:

@BasicThoughts wrote:

I think that’s only when generating the new terrain. I’m not very savvy with this kind of stuff but I think the workload would fall on MCNSA’s box, not any individual client. Also, this is the first snapshot of 1.7, and will surely be better optimized by full release.

It may lag the entire server everytime someone’s like “I want to explore a bit” or is strip mining. However, you are right, it’s just a snapshot and will most likely be optimized by the full release.

Ereh_Dogon

Its Mojang I doubt it’ll be optimized. If optimization was high on their todo list we wouldn’t be stuck at shitty FPS for no apparent reason. Also Generating is dependant on the server itself. Clients computers only generate new terrain during Single Player as far as I know. Though with the large amounts of buildings it may take the slower computers a bit to completely load in those chunks for themselves. But it shouldn’t lag you any more than you loading in a large build into view. And if it becomes an insanely intense thing for the server we’ll look for options or consider forgoing it. But I doubt it’ll be much of an issue.

LimeyBoy
    Participant

After looking around the amplified terrain for some time it would say it’s nowhere near as complex and mental as some of the builds we’ve had on the server, last maps’ spawn comes to mind. After generation and exploration, there shouldn’t be much difference in terms of lag when just playing.

So Ereh… plz? plz? plz? 😛

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.