Off to rehab

Front Page Forums MCNSA Off to rehab

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    shrood

Apologies for anything I’ve done lately (though I think most of damages have been in real life). I’m heading off to detox and then some type of rehab. I’ll be on when I can.

Anonymous

I look forward to your return!

BFloop

I hope you see Amy Winehouse there!

shrood

Out of detox. I went to my first AA meeting last night and am going to another one tonight. It seems really cult-like and all religious-y to me but fuck it. It’ll keep me busy. I start intensive outpatient treatment next week (3 hours a day, 5 days per week for 4 weeks). So, I’m on my way.

5 days sober bitches.

Edit: Also, when I was in detox I found out my health sucks. Really fucking dangerously high blood pressure (175/115), bleeding somewhere in my GI system, and anemia. Now I literally have one of those old-lady weekly pill box things.

Dell_the_Engie

Oh damn, hope you start healing up. Sounds like detox was something you needed. As for AA, your intuitions would be correct. From my reading, the 12-step program includes relying on “a higher power” to help combat addiction. And I’m sure that works great for some, but not for everyone. Maybe a goal for you would be to find a more tangible placeholder for that.

Pyrotek

Another option might be to find an alternative, I’m pretty sure there are organizations which bill themselves as secular precisely to find people not interested in AA for the reasons you mentioned (but I’m not sure of their scope).

Good luck!

shrood

@Pyrotek wrote:

Another option might be to find an alternative, I’m pretty sure there are organizations which bill themselves as secular precisely to find people not interested in AA for the reasons you mentioned (but I’m not sure of their scope).

Good luck!

Thanks. That would be ideal but living in Maine (and moving back up North soon) makes it a bit tricky.

As for an update: I’m 2 weeks sober now. I’ve been to AA meetings every night since I got out detox. I’ve met some pretty cool people and heard some inspiring stories. Man, some people have gone through some crazy shit. I’m just ignoring the “higher power” stuff. I’ve been in out-patient rehab for 4 days now. Twenty hours a week in group meetings is a bit tiresome but I guess it helps. Feels good to be sober. Looking back on the past year I was a fucking wreck.

Anyway….I shall return soon! There are blocks to be punched and shizz to be built!

Pyrotek

Good to hear! Not personally experienced, but stick it through and hopefully all will be well – we aren’t going anywhere. 🙂

adamajor

How are you Shrood? Been a while since you’ve updated this thread. Hope all is well and you’re sticking to it 🙂

shrood

@adamajor wrote:

How are you Shrood? Been a while since you’ve updated this thread. Hope all is well and you’re sticking to it 🙂

I’m doing well, thanks. I finished up my outpatient treatment and my health is returning to normal (no more vomiting blood and my blood pressure is down). Still sober and hanging in there. I just heard back from an interview and got a job for the winter…woohooo! Overall, things are looking up. 🙂

I just started playing again so I should be around on a regular basis.

Pyrotek

@shrood wrote:

I’m doing well, thanks. I finished up my outpatient treatment and my health is returning to normal (no more vomiting blood and my blood pressure is down). Still sober and hanging in there. I just heard back from an interview and got a job for the winter…woohooo! Overall, things are looking up. 🙂

I just started playing again so I should be around on a regular basis.

Awesome stuff – saw you in game but didn’t get a chance to talk. Seems you’re doing awesome on all fronts – health, job, and Minecraft! 😛

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good luck!

As a side note,

[youtube:oanhqv2v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF72vvW-y3M[/youtube:oanhqv2v]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.