Official 1.4 New Map or No New Map Vote Thread.

Front Page Forums MCNSA Official 1.4 New Map or No New Map Vote Thread.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    nsanidy

Please vote using the poll. This is straightforward as hell, also feel free to weigh in the comments. Voting ends when 1.4 arrives. If you are unsure about 1.4’s changes, please educate yourself!

Also, as always – a map wipe is a map wipe. Full reset. Nothing will be carried over except for one pair of gold pants.

Edit: If you change your mind before 1.4 you can change your vote.

Pyrotek

Definitely down for a map reset – seems to be new features that affect terrain (witch huts!), and it’d be more fun to do what we did for 1.3: a temp map that translates to a permanent map.

EDIT: Here’s an exhaustive list of the updates that are coming with 1.4.

Be an informed voter!

Megleris

I’m NOT for a map reset – theres nothing new that is added that can’t be gotten in 1.3, with the exception of witch huts – witches will still spawn in swamps, writhes are still there, etc!

Vote “NO” on 1.4 Map Reset!

Anonymous
    Inactive

So that you know, new stuff:

Carrots and potatoes are spawned in villages. They can also drop as a rare item from killed Zombies – if you keep the map, you will still be able to get them, just not from villages.

Witch Huts spawn in swamps… but Witches spawn independently on old maps too. In Witch Huts there are cauldrons and crafting tables… nothing you can’t get naturally. Plus, huts are fricking ugly. 😀

Anonymous

I feel that this map has run it’s course. My vote is to introduce a new map. There are going to be an adequate amount of new features/changes to justify a map reset. I know that many players are especially attached to this map, like Meg and his ridiculous legit Globe build. But I feel that a map reset would be a good thing. I personally like map resets a TON and I always vote for a new map.
    -detonatorman

Butlerlog

Imo old maps lead to boredom and stagnation, which outweigh the awesome projects… Maybe. Fine I’ll be an undecided voter…

Dell_the_Engie

I disagree with a map reset. There’s a lot of bigger, long-term builds going on right now, and no builder is going to put in the time and effort if they don’t think their work is going to stay for a good long while after they’re done. As it stands right now, there are no changes in the 1.4 update that can’t be supported in a 1.3 map, so why go through the pain of starting all over again from scratch? And if someone’s complaining that they’re bored, they should probably take a look at the vast stretches of map still unexplored and uninhabited. To me, there’s no good reason to reset, let’s keep a good thing going.

A_FLEMING

I’m all up for a new map. Along with the new features, I feel that to me at least, this map is getting a bit old. I’m always up for a fresh start!

Evil K9

I vote NO for a new map. I think we have some pretty amazing projects going on with this map. If I had thought this map would only last until the 1.4 update, I wouldn’t have bothered building much of anything. Seems like witch huts are the only new terrain feature. Carrots and potatoes will turn up somewhere eventually.

Casper3641
    Participant

If the animals get updated we won’t be able to breed pigs?

Altimeter

@Casper3641 wrote:

If the animals get updated we won’t be able to breed pigs?

Um.

No, you’re good to go man.

Vote NO for the map reset!

Dantao

I vote NO because there is nothing we will honestly be missing out on and there are a TON of projects still going on and it would be a shame to lose all the progress.

dotlizard
    Keymaster

This was really super-easy for me to answer because Dell already said the stuff I was going to say:

@Dell_the_Engie wrote:

I disagree with a map reset. There’s a lot of bigger, long-term builds going on right now, and no builder is going to put in the time and effort if they don’t think their work is going to stay for a good long while after they’re done. As it stands right now, there are no changes in the 1.4 update that can’t be supported in a 1.3 map, so why go through the pain of starting all over again from scratch? And if someone’s complaining that they’re bored, they should probably take a look at the vast stretches of map still unexplored and uninhabited. To me, there’s no good reason to reset, let’s keep a good thing going.

I should add that if you’re bored in Minecraft, it’s definitely not Minecraft’s fault.

Benefit1970

A vote for YES is a vote for TERRORISM.

Vote NO on MAP RESET!

MicahJReid

Nope. Not worth shutting down all the awesome stuff people have been working on just for some gewgaws and spawned buildings.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • The topic ‘Official 1.4 New Map or No New Map Vote Thread.’ is closed to new replies.