Po8 Suggestions thread

Front Page Forums MCNSA Po8 Suggestions thread

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Megleris

I’ve been trying to learn as much as Po8 as possible, partly in order to put the market to my personal use as much as possible, partly to improve the current system, and try to figure out what future systems Po8 could, and could not, effectively utilize in order to become more useful.

One of my biggest criticisms of Po8 is the drastic differences in between relatively similar stock values, and their corresponding purchasing prices. Bricks, for example, are a good point. When Po8 has 0 bricks – each brick is worth 10 Po8, subject to the other rules of purchasing many items at a time. However, when Po8 has, say, 20 bricks – I believe the value should be similar to 10, but not 10 – perhaps a 4 or a 5 per brick would be an acceptable level. The level per brick when the shop has 19 bricks is 1.68. That seems simply to drastic of a cut – so I would suggest altering that for all items across the board, as I believe they all use a similar equation (if not the exact equation).

The two big recommendations I have for Po8 has to do with moderators abilities to implement protections, however at the moment it is currently not the standard to do so. The one I am referring to would be Creeper protections.

I think having creeper protections would be a net-positive thing in terms of server balance – less structures get damaged, less items are destroyed, people have the ability to stop creeper-grief if they so choose. The negative side effects, of course, is that there is less danger in the world; it makes staying alive easier, it means that your home is impervious to world damage – no creeper, no person, no one other than *you* can create your safe space. Since I believe that the ‘good’ things out way the ‘bad’ things, I propose that Po8 starts selling Creeper Protections, starting at 40,000 Po8 for “small” buildings, 75,000 for “medium” buildings and 105,000 Po8 for “large” buildings. Of course, we would have to have a set definition of Small/medium/large buildings – or we could use Po8 admins & moderators ‘best’ discretion on such things, though I always prefer more concrete answers.

Of course, another negative side effect is that this further influences Po8 shopkeeps – as not all moderators do Po8, of course. Though, the solution to that is that the Po8 shopkeeps could do a /modreq for the persons home, though if we did it this way perhaps a better way of doing Po8 would be a flat 60-70K fee.

The other thing that I think would be a good addition to Po8, would be the addition of purchasing Mob grinders. Now, if we were to add this – I think it should be prohibitively expensive. I would probably start thinking of a mob grinder in the 200-250,000 po8 range. It should be enough money that people see and think Woah, that guy was REALLY serious about that grinder. It should be a goal that people strive for, and that few will have – and people will have to think REALLY hard about going after.

Those are my thoughts about Po8 for tonight – does anyone else have anything they’d like to add in? Tell me something I’m missing / not thinking about? Wanna tell me to shut up and get to bed? I’m listening 🙂

Altimeter

I don’t like the idea of doing mod-work for PO8. It’s a player-driven currency.

DevilsDan

@Megleris wrote:

I think having creeper protections would be a net-positive thing in terms of server balance – less structures get damaged, less items are destroyed, people have the ability to stop creeper-grief if they so choose. The negative side effects, of course, is that there is less danger in the world; it makes staying alive easier, it means that your home is impervious to world damage – no creeper, no person, no one other than *you* can create your safe space. Since I believe that the ‘good’ things out way the ‘bad’ things, I propose that Po8 starts selling Creeper Protections, starting at 40,000 Po8 for “small” buildings, 75,000 for “medium” buildings and 105,000 Po8 for “large” buildings. Of course, we would have to have a set definition of Small/medium/large buildings – or we could use Po8 admins & moderators ‘best’ discretion on such things, though I always prefer more concrete answers.

No. Just no. There are not just creepers, you’re on SMP server, so there are griefers. Having to pay to protect my stuff against griefers is ridiculous, plus, it will put more modwork on mods to restore someone’s build if it does get wrecked.

Megleris

No. Just no. There are not just creepers, you’re on SMP server, so there are griefers. Having to pay to protect my stuff against griefers is ridiculous, plus, it will put more modwork on mods to restore someone’s build if it does get wrecked.

Wait, if someones build gets wrecked *now* it creates mod work to restore it. We’re also instituting a way to prevent it from happening. You don’t have to pay to protect your stuff against griefers.

Altimeter wrote:
    I don’t like the idea of doing mod-work for PO8. It’s a player-driven currency.

Eh, don’t we have that already though? The physical currency is all mod-work, exchanging stone brick for mossy stone / circle stone / cracked stone is all mod work with Po8. This is just another step along the way, while also being a money sink.

Altimeter

..technically, it’s all shopkeep work, not mod work. There’s just a fair bit of overlap.

Kwinno

@Altimeter wrote:

..technically, it’s all shopkeep work, not mod work. There’s just a fair bit of overlap.

this is true. shopkeep is voluntairly bishop+

Megleris

@Kwinno wrote:

@Altimeter wrote:

this is true. shopkeep is voluntairly bishop+

Eh, I should have been specific – Atlasrunes shop where he converts stone to cracked, circle, or mossy stone brick is *not* from the Po8 shopkeep, as you must be able to spawn in the item, which is a moderator thing only. To say that Po8 doesn’t deal with mod work would then be misleading, as you can purchase things from Po8 that cannot be gotten legitimately at this time

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.