PO8.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Octavian0

Hey guys.

So, lets talk about something here. Po8 needs a shop. *I* am a bit burnt out on minecraft, and my computer is a toaster incapable of properly running minecraft in a way where I could build something nice. I don’t want that to prevent you guys from being able to enjoy a running economy with a bitchin’ shop building though, so I got out my thinking hoe and thought up a dastardly plan.

You build it. Yes, you, you asshole. Build me a shop, and make it great. Make it amazing. Aaaand, you should probably make it in singleplayer where you’re allowed to use creative mode, spawn sheeps all over the giant dandelion you built, or whatever it is your demented mind wants to turn into a shop. Then, send me that schematic file, along with whatever screenshots you wanna take of your build, and if you get em to me by the 25th I will decide which shop will be *the* shop, with input from any other mods that wanna give me input.

Good luck, and be sure to hide a chest full of delicious feeshes for me somewhere. I do love feeshes.

<3s.

JudgeAnderson

I want a Vermillion Tigerfish!

Stagen

I’m definitely up for this! I’ll get to it tomorrow afternoon after work! I have no idea how to make schematics, but I’ll get to that after I create the build in the first place.

quantumkitty
    Participant

With what will we make the schematic file?
    I know there are a few different formats that are used on occasion.

Octavian0

Mcedit

quantumkitty
    Participant

Cool, that’s all I needed to know (aside from if large, over-sized phallic objects are allowed in the production).
    Would you believe that I have been up for 32 hours straight and cannot sleep yet?
    It sucks.

Asheu

I’m new here but I’m intrested in building a shop.

How does the shop function. Does it use the two chest + levers or are the forum posts outdated?
    Also, is there any specific style to the build, what biome will it be in, and are there any dimension restrictions?

maboughey
    Keymaster

@Asheu wrote:

How does the shop function. Does it use the two chest + levers or are the forum posts outdated?

You can use them like that, or you could come up with another way.
    @Asheu wrote:

Also, is there any specific style to the build, what biome will it be in, and are there any dimension restrictions?

No specific style. Either desert or plains. And no restriction

Asheu

Prepare for eyegasm. (Still WIP)

[spoiler:3s957gm9][/spoiler:3s957gm9]

Yes, I know the blue contrasts quite badly with the red/orange colour scheme and makes it look like a unicorn sharted all over it, but I’m working on that. Thank god for WorldEdit //replace
    Also ignore the ugly cobblestone. That’s just a placeholder for the interior walls

[Edit:] More pics. Fixed up the colour scheme, copy/pasted to all four sides, finished the rood and added a skylight. Now to work on the inside.

Feedback, however nasty or useful, is appreciated

Tana64

I really enjoy the design; but would play with the colours a little more. They improve from the first screenshot to the second, but…for my tastes, still too uncoordinated. ^__^

EDIT: The more I flick between the two versions, the more I’m leaning towards the first one for colours. BUT THAT’S JUST MEEEE

PeebleTheory

@Octavian0 wrote:

and if you get em to me by the 25th I will decide which shop will be *the* shop, with input from any other mods that wanna give me input.

August 26th. What’s the status on the shop?

Octavian0

Two things – I need more submissions, and I am just moving into college, so I’m gonna have to extend the deadline a bit. Perhaps sept 1st.

Asheu

@Octavian0 wrote:

Two things – I need more submissions, and I am just moving into college, so I’m gonna have to extend the deadline a bit. Perhaps sept 1st.

I’m quite busy right now, but if you don’t mind, take a look at my previous post(s), and let me know what you think. I can’t really put the time into finishing my mall if it isn’t really what is wanted. If you like it and it’s suitable for this server, I can finish it off within a few days.

owenebs

Hello!

I saw this thread first on the 24th, and figuring I was too late, gave up, but when the deadline was extended I jumped at the challenge. So without further ado… I present:

The Block Exchange!

[spoiler:1z0tiiaw][/spoiler:1z0tiiaw]

The Block Exchange will be a marvel of the MCNSA world, with people flocking from near and far to buy and sell their goods. With it’s magnificent archway as you enter, and the hustle and bustle around the stalls, you’ll feel right at home.

Underneath the stalls you will find the real heart of The Block Exchange, the shop fronts of over 60 people, but easily extendible if the need arises. The Block Exchange itself is encompassed by an ancient stone wall, thats history long surpasses human memory. This monolith of a stone circle is surrounded by still more ancient oaks, with some even having entered the Exchange itself.

Aside from the spiel selling you on this fantastic design for the new po8 shop, I would just like to say that this is my first attempt at making anything this large, and having not seen the old po8 shop I had nothing to work off of but a few old pictures. I hope this would do the job, but if not, C’est la vie.

A full album of this build can be found at http://imgur.com/a/kB960 and the .schematic file can be downloaded from http://www.mediafire.com/?zd4yx8g1bo0yeq0. Thank you for your time and interest!

PeebleTheory

@Octavian0 wrote:

Perhaps sept 1st.

I’m guessing that it’s being extended past that?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.