Possible to buy mod services with Po8?

Front Page Forums MCNSA Possible to buy mod services with Po8?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Myrto

This was something I was thinking about, and will completely understand if it is not workable within the theme of our server. My specific idea would be to spend Po8 on some basic World Edits that would not normally be done for players. Nothing too fancy and probably no rare blocks. Maybe 5k Po8 could extend some walls, or copy / paste to expand a house? A big one could be to buy placement of a spawner? This would have to be super expensive, say 15k Po8

Just a thought, and I have no idea what appropriate prices would actually be if its workable at all. And I certainly would not want to over work our wonderful mod team!

Cheers!

Altimeter

If something like this were to happen–and I’m not saying it will!–it would have to be with the very VERY clear message that it’s something to be done at the mod’s whim, not the buyer’s.

I personally think it’d be something difficult to standardize, and probably shouldn’t be implemented. Have you considered hiring work out and paying in PO8? You can get a lot done quickly with a few people working for you, and it’s all done in the player economy.

Most (all?) mods are quite careful to NOT earn Po8 using mod tools like worldedit and /i. It’s probably best to keep it out of the Po8 system entirely, and keep the server a bit more legit.

Kwinno

@Altimeter wrote:

If something like this were to happen–and I’m not saying it will!–it would have to be with the very VERY clear message that it’s something to be done at the mod’s whim, not the buyer’s.

I personally think it’d be something difficult to standardize, and probably shouldn’t be implemented. Have you considered hiring work out and paying in PO8? You can get a lot done quickly with a few people working for you, and it’s all done in the player economy.

Most (all?) mods are quite careful to NOT earn Po8 using mod tools like worldedit and /i. It’s probably best to keep it out of the Po8 system entirely, and keep the server a bit more legit.

on top of that one mod would do 1 wall for 5k po8 while another would do an entire house… where do u draw the line?

Personally if i’m overlooking a bit i might give a small lending hand without the person asking (very small) but im not into getting this in the po8 system

Myrto

I was thinking of this as a way to pull Po8 out of the economy. I honestly had not considered the Po8 going into the mods personal account. This would absolutely have to be voluntary on the mods part, and under their terms and willingness to participate.

Hiring players for Po8… brilliant!
    Awesome idea here, and no, I had not considered this. It is very workable!

How about services that can’t be done by other than mods, such as spawners or ice (ice can’t be harvested, can it?)
    Some very valid points have been made against the idea however, and I am willing to let it die here.

Another question on the Po8 system then. Does the Po8 bank have a limited amount of Po8 to buy stuff. Or is just ‘created’ as needed. If there is not a limited amount of Po8 then eventually everyone is just going to have so much that it becomes much less meaningful. That make take awhile, but I believe it will happen. A way to encourage players to drain their Po8 tanks would not be a bad thing.

Kwinno

Erm the bank is for now infinite and we are thinking of drains as we speak.

the ice and spawners have to be considered and talked about with everyone (not just po8 admins)

DevilsDan

Maybe the big things are too much, but how about on a lesser scale – potions of enchanting? And since they give different amount of experience each time, why not just have it possible to buy a level-up to 50 from a mod? Just have the player pay the needed price and then the mod XP showers the player until he cant take any more XP in. That’d be extremely helpful too, since enchanting and XP system is extremely unpolished right now.

Warchamp7

You can buy potions of enchanting from the nether Po8 shop.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.