Something to note about render distance

Front Page Forums MCNSA Something to note about render distance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dell_the_Engie

As it is right now, unless a server specifically supports a higher distance, the highest render distance that you should bother to set with Optifine is Short + 32. Anything higher has no effect. This goes for single player as well (presumably due to changes in how singleplayer works). Just something to know when configuring your video settings.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Server-side, view-distance is set to 9. That’s 144 blocks. Short is 64 blocks, so your setting is 96… seems off.

Dell_the_Engie

Hm, it’d seem so. That’s odd, then. I’d invite you to try, though, adjusting the distances and see how far the chunks load out. At least visually, for me, the results from Short + 32, on out, are identical, the only difference is a drop in framerate.

SpokenSquid

@Dell_the_Engie wrote:

I’d invite you to try, though, adjusting the distances and see how far the chunks load out. At least visually, for me, the results from Short + 32, on out, are identical, the only difference is a drop in framerate.

Do you have “Load Far” on?

Dell_the_Engie

I’ve tried it both with and without “Load Far”. If you’d like, I can post a series of screenshots comparing different settings to demonstrate this more clearly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.