The Elder Scrolls: Online

Front Page Forums MCNSA The Elder Scrolls: Online

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gravehorrorvacui

If you haven’t heard yet, there’s an Elder Scrolls MMO in the works. Here’s scans of the Game Informer with the article: http://imgur.com/a/fO9Ty#0

Okay, so this sounds like it could be a good thing, but really I don’t think so. Personally, I’m a huge lore buff… and there’s a lot of stuff that is really shady about what they’ve said so far. On top of that, I think the MMO aspect will really suck away the life that the Elder Scrolls games have. I’m not even worried that its going to be a WoW or GW clone, because I think that’s pretty moot compared to thousands of elite adventurers running around Tamriel. I would be much happier to see this done in a co-op style, similar to the way Diablo works with multiplayer. Tamriel, even with almost all of it available to players, really isn’t fit for that many elite adventurers walking about. I think it will really spoil the discovery of things on your own in the world.

Now, there’s a small handful of things that seem okay. For instance, in the article they state that there will be unmarked dungeons for players to come across in their travels. I think thats pretty nifty, myself. It will provide some of the solo discovery aspect of the series in the MMO game. Actually, I think that’s about the only thing they’ve got going right so far. Everything else just sounds like a travesty to me. Anyhow, read the article and form your own opinion. I won’t bore you all with lore related squabbles.

Tam! RUGH!

Pyrotek

I’m really not looking forward to this; I would have also much preferred a co-op gameplay aspect.

What is good is that it’s not going to be developed by Bethesda, it’s being done by a new studio made by ZeniMax (Bethesda’s owner company). Of course, that also means it probably won’t be worth anything from the MMO aspect either.

In the end, though, I don’t ever play MMOs – so I’ll just hope that Bethesda’s great single-player RPGs don’t get hurt.

DevilsDan

Yeah, I have to agree. The style from the leaked screenies looks off from TES series as well, being your generic fantasy MMO crap. Plus, TES is pretty much all about being the sole badass in the whole universe and exploring stuff on your own, so making it an MMO seems kind of a bad move. Looks like Bethesda just went “You want co-op? OH WE’LL GIVE YOU CO-OP!” here. :/

gravehorrorvacui

Well, to be fair, it isn’t Bethesda developing it. Its being done by some other company that ZeniMax owns, or partners with or something.

I find it funny that Michael Kirkbride was totally shut down when he wanted to work on this. I mean, I didn’t think they’d let him in the first place, but his reaction was totally chill. There’s a bunch of people from the Elder Scrolls lore forum that have been talking about somehow getting an Elk erected in the Imperial City. MK’s name on the forums there is Merry Eyesore the Elk (for reference).

Tam! RUGH!

Tana64

My reaction to this is the same as it would be if a Zelda movie were announced. Should be the best thing ever, but so many ways it could go wrong…

I’ll start checking it out closer to the date. Monthly fees are an instant fail, but otherwise, it reminds me of Morrowind graphics, which while pointy, are very nostalgic for moi. Already got Guild Wars planned; and my game funds are running low!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.