Time For A New Computer, Any Suggestions?

Front Page Forums MCNSA Time For A New Computer, Any Suggestions?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brizzlebri

Hey guys, i am looking for a laptop that can run Minecraft, FTB and Cubeworld. I dont need it to run any advanced games just those ones. I already looked at alienware, but they are too much money. Any suggestion?

Ereh_Dogon

Alienware is overpriced. You can go with one of the large name brands like Asus or some such. I got mine from http://www.malibal.com/ they can be a bit pricy but well worth the money, the customer support is top notch as well.

RogueHaven

What’s your budget?

Brizzlebri

idk like $600 – $700

PatHeist
    Participant

The most bang for your buck is probably going to be something like the Acer Aspire V5-171-6867, or the ASUS A55VD-NS51 ($150 off on newegg right now). But the cheaper you want a powerful laptop, the more you tend to loose on battery life and other things. Minecraft/FTB/Cubeworld are things that you don’t need your laptop to be too powerful to run, though. Your best option might just be browsing a store in person and look for what you like the best in your price range, pick out a few, and read reviews on those.

Stay away from anything mac or alienware if you don’t want to be paying much more than the functional hardware is worth. Also, laptops branded as netbooks might have problems running any sort of game. You’re probably looking for a notebook or a low end ultrabook.

It’d be lovely to hear more about what you’re using the laptop for, though, and where you want to use it to play games etc. If you’re only going to be playing games and using intensive software at home, for example, it might be worth considering a desktop and a cheap laptop for use in school/whatever.

Feel free to hit me up on skype at ‘hit-patrik’ if you have any questions, or if you’d want help picking out a specific model.

rogerg1990

You shouldn’t listen to these guys. Buy a PowerBox Fucktron Delta 3000.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nE6KV2BvNw.

Its really cheap as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.