Tribes: Ascend

Front Page Forums MCNSA Tribes: Ascend

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    DevilsDan

Tribes: Ascend is an awesome team-based fast-paced free-to-play shooter with jetpacks. Since the game is free to play and is one of the games I enjoyed a lot recently, I decided to post this here, perhaps we can add each other as friends there and play a couple of games together and whatnot. My in-game name over there is the same as here, feel free to add me as a friend. 🙂

Trailer over here pretty much sums up what it’s all about

Register and get the game here (Yes, this is a referral link and if you would register using it I would appreciate it a lot.)

Pyrotek

I’ll probably get around to checking it out later, but in the meantime: how is it in terms of pay-advantages? I ask because generally, after a bit of time, F2P games start turning sharply towards the paying for “cosmetics only, we swear” customers (and I can’t blame them).

DevilsDan

You can indeed purchase a couple things with real money, however, you can also get stuff without paying with XP you get for participating in matches, but at a much slower rate, quite similar to the LoL in that respect. Pretty much all of the unlockable weapons for the classes are side-grades with no huge overall advantages over each other, i.e. one weapon would be more useful in one situation than in another. Also, you still have to “upgrade” the stuff you unlock with XP to get the most out of it, so people who pay to get weapons and whatnot will have to do it as well. So no, I don’t think that the game is pay-to-win at all.

Warchamp7

Hi Rez has done a pretty good job with the pay model. Game is fun

gravehorrorvacui

Have any of you guys played the older Tribes games? Can you comment on how Ascend feels in comparison to say Starsiege: Tribes or Tribes 2? Forget Vengeance and Aerial Assault, those games sucked. As an old school Tribes player I’m going to be really really picky about this game. That being said, once I get set up I’ll be more than happy to serve spinfusor discs to the face of anyone who asks. 😀

gravehorrorvacui

Alright, I’m rocking Ascend on my crappy PC. Low graphics settings, but it seems like a true successor to tribes 2! I’m happy for Hi-Rez that they could pull this off. Its WAAAAY better than that game with the V that we don’t talk about 😉

Also, nice Blood Eagle avatar DD. Too bad I’m going to have to show you the power of the Diamond Sword tribe! (On that note, I do miss the Starwolf tribe. They were bitchin.)

Farblade

I played for a couple of weeks, but became slightly bored with all the repetitive chaos.

DevilsDan

@gravehorrorvacui wrote:

Also, nice Blood Eagle avatar DD. Too bad I’m going to have to show you the power of the Diamond Sword tribe! (On that note, I do miss the Starwolf tribe. They were bitchin.)

Shut it, sandraker. 😀

gravehorrorvacui

Listen up, this is big! Get your Spinfusor for your Soldier HERE: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/04/12/celebrate-the-launch-of-tribes-ascend-with-a-new-weapon-on-us/

Its a promo code that unlocks the Soldier’s spinfusor, no upgrades. There’s ~8k left!

Warchamp7

Already actually bought the Spinfusor since I main Soldier :

DevilsDan

Fuck, no more codes left. 🙁

gravehorrorvacui

Yea, the link was all over Reddit. I’m surprised I got in with so many left.

gravehorrorvacui

8.5k more Medium Spinfusors! This one requires an account on MMORPG.com, its free though.

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/330/Tribes-Ascend-Spinfusor-Gift-Keys.html

DevilsDan

Fuck yeah, got one, thanks for sharing!

gravehorrorvacui

Yep. If you haven’t found it yet, subscribe to /r/tribes! There’s also /r/shazbot for derpy stuff thats tribes related. I’ve been getting these links from /r/tribes, but maybe they’ll be giving out other weapons in the future for the full release. I’d personally love to have a free Thumper for my Tech.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.