Where did the MCNSA that I love go?

Front Page Forums MCNSA Where did the MCNSA that I love go?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Where did the MCNSA that I love go? When I first joined there was major awesomeness, but it seems lately that it is gone. I deep fully miss the 18+ maturity and deep respect from player to player that made me come to love what MCNSA is. It hardly seems like it’s a server with 18+ maturity anymore….. with the many people asking for handouts and rank-ups. It seems the thing in Minecraft and my digital life has gone grey, sadly; -dull. Our founder and leader seems to be inactive (for most likely a VERY good reason) and most mods are either inactive anymore or seem to not notice the severe lack of maturity for new platers(which seems are also lacking). I am not leaving or trying to make a big deal of things, but someone has to say it. The average player count has dwindled very horridly and slowly. It is most likely a mix up of Diablo III being released and school finals coming to a close. I apologize for going out and just saying that MCNSA is not what it once was but, -it’s just not. The spark isn’t just there but I still and forever will always love MCNSA, till next time……

<3 -detonatorman with love

dotlizard
    Keymaster

I understand where you’re coming from, but I’m not particularly worried, MCNSA is still an amazing community and the phase we’re going through right now isn’t even really that bad. One reason it’s quieter is of course Diablo III, which seems to have kidnapped a large chunk of our mod staff, and I miss Sanders as much as the next person but let’s just be glad he’s enjoying himself. He deserves that.

Another big reason it’s quiet and things seem kind of “off” is the combination of update anxiety and map fatigue that sets in when people realize their time on the current map with the current iteration of their stuff is coming to an end. Also, many people are spending some of their daily Minecraft time playing SSP to play with the current snapshots. And the people who get bored with Minecraft in general are often re-energized when a new update hits — you’ll see, there will be a whole different feel after 1.3.

There are lots of reasons the average playercount fluctuates, everything about this is cyclical. We advertise, our ranks swell, then slowly people drift away (from the server, from Minecraft, from gaming in general) and we get new people, lather rinse repeat. The community is still strong, and the more cycles you stick around through, the stronger it gets.

TL;DR This too shall pass, my child and … oh fuck it, just go read.

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

dotlizard
    Keymaster

By the way, that was very eloquent. Well done.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m mainly playing Diablo III now… first game in two years that managed to fully disrupt my Minecraft addiction.

Regarding players… because many of us play D3 too, especially staff members and veteran players, the server may appear bleak and filled with kids. I think we’ll come around with Minecraft 1.3 and new map.

Galustee

Detonator, I believe I have been here longer than you, (correct me if I am wrong) and I don’t think I could have said it better myself. I joined during a vanilla server, and it was absolutely amazing. I have noticed that a lot more players are 12 year old kids who don’t even know how to construct a comprehensible sentence. But, as dotty said, I believe this is just like what the world goes through, this does seem to be a cyclical effect, and I do think we will come out of it. It’s just as easy for people to join a server as it is to leave. In fact if not easier. Basically what I am trying to get at, is I notice this too Deto, but I think dotty is right. I also do hope Nsan does enjoy himself. He really deserves it.

Anonymous

I have been a part of MCNSA since November 11th, 2011. I don’t accurately know how long you have been a part. I started due to dot saying how much she loved(and still does!) this server/community. One of the best choices I ever made was to join MCNSA. -detonatorman

Galustee

Well then I joined roughly a week before you. But still. I was thinking the other day how when bukkit came back, there was a full server for a while. Now I rarely see more than 20-30 people online at once.

Stagen

Dot hit it right on I think. Personally I’ve just spent an entire weekend without sleep so I could see all of what Guild Wars 2 have to offer. Minecraft has always been my “off season” game, for when there’s nothing new around for me to play. Whenever a new game comes around, be that single player, multi or even mmo – I’ll always play that and Minecraft for when I get bored with it.

Tense
    Participant

Don’t worry guys. Now, that I have arrived I shall endeavour to make this place fun for everyone. Because I am so dashing, and funny, and witty.

Oh, and humble. If there is one word for me… it would be humble.

Warchamp7

1.3 means I have to come back and build shit, so whips will be cracked on any punks

wigginman

I agree with Deton. MCNSA has degraded in the quality of the players. I feel like a lot of the good players (Recycle0rdie, Nathanilewise, Jeffysun) have left the server. I miss so much and so many people from the old 1.0 MCNSA. I’ve only been on since Dec. 10, 2011, but in the months that I’ve been on, the server has gone from fantastic to good. It used to be something special to me, but now it’s just a fun minecraft server. I also feel like there’s a lot more surprise PVP . These are my observations. Take them or leave them.

Tana64

As has been stated, ‘seasoned’ users come and go in waves. For me, it’s currently an active social life. I work in a school, so I know it’s currently exam time for senior students. Uni students are coming to the end of their first semester, too. And of course, plenty of good games out. Nsan has been busy for months now, and while saddening for us, means he’s dealing with important things IRL. Not to mention the impending 1.3 update, which as stated, will bring players back.

Use the time to create super awesome projects that everyone will marvel at on return. 😉

wigginman

I know all this. I just wanted Deton to know that he’s got my agreement too. I know I’m busy too right now.

Anonymous

Thanks for all of the replies

….<3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.